Monday, September 9, 2013

Yummy... Easy... Ice Box Cake!

I have four kids.  Life is BUSY.  I love food that is yummy... and easy.

This recipe is one of the easiest I know.  And it tastes SOOOOOO good!  I took this cake to a party recently, and all the kids were chanting: CAKE!  CAKE! CAKE!  So, it must be a winner!


Are you  ready??  This cake has only THREE ingredients:

EASY ICE BOX CAKE
2 Pints Heavy Whipping Cream
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Box of Chocolate Wafers (Nabisco)
PS... I can't find these at Walmart or Winco.  I usually have to go to one of those "fancy" grocery stores to get them!


Okay, whip up the whipping cream (add sugar as you normally would) until it is really thick.  I love my Kitchen Aid for this... it is done in no time!

Put about half a cup of the whipped cream on a plate and spread it out into a circle.  Place 5 or six cookies evenly on top of the cream.  Continue layering cream and cookies until you run out of ingredients.  And... that's it!!



Place your masterpiece in the fridge for at least 2 hours.  The cookies will get soft.  When you cut and serve it, you will have these beautiful black and white layers.  And it tastes SO good.  Like one big cookies and cream extravaganza!!

Make and enjoy!!  Your kids will thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment