Thursday, August 15, 2013

Answer the phone!!!

Okay, this is one of the most simple business strategies I know, but on that is not used enough in business these days! I mean, how often do you call a business and get recording after recording... and if you leave a message, does someone actually call you back? Probably not!

If a prospective customer or client is calling your business it usually means they've already visited your website and they: 1) Are interested, but have a few additional questions, or 2) They are ready to BUY from you!! 

And if no one answers the phone, chances are they will move on and find someone who will! As a business owner who's goal it was to GROW my business, I ALWAYS answered the phone! I've registered clients, while in the cosmetic aisle at Walmart, writing their info down on a crumpled up napkin I found in my purse. But I got the client that day... because I answered the phone! 

Here's an insider's secret: Your competitors probably STINK at answering the phone. By doing this one thing well, you are miles ahead of similar businesses around you! Give it a try. 

Yes it can be a pain trying to answer calls while grocery shopping, working out, or trying to catch up on projects. But remember... if your goal is to GROW your business, you have to do some uncomfortable things sometimes. When you're not in the office, forward calls to your cell phone. 

If you can afford it, have a receptionist or assistant take calls, or use an ansering service. 

Seriously. You will see real growth when you open up the phone lines and let your future customers in. They will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment